Wednesday, July 16, 2008

These boots were made for walkin'

or playing dress up, playing outside in, you name it and my kiddos have done it. I have the proof, here it is...

We didn't do too much this past weekend...played outside, went to a birthday party at the JumpZone, Jason and I managed to go out to eat Saturday night without the kids, and then church on Sunday and a brief visit with my Dad in the afternoon. Joseph kept asking for "Pawpaw" after church, so we decided to pay him a visit. While the kids and I were inside my Dad's house playing, Jason and my Dad killed a copperhead snake that was curled up in a flower bed by the walkway leading to the pool. Glad I wasn't around for that!!! Eww!

Anna Elise had a playdate yesterday afternoon with one of her best friends, Rachel. They had a blast and are looking forward to the next one! She was supposed to attend Mother's Day Out today, but managed to put on the waterworks for me and I couldn't make her stay...I would have felt too bad. So, we headed on to the park for a Mommy & Me scheduled playdate. It was a lot of fun, but we managed to stay there for 3 hours!!! Am I crazy or what?! Joseph is still napping and Anna Elise is counting down the minutes until it's time to leave for swimming lessons.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post...I've found another addiction, Facebook. Jason has to pull me away from the computer sometimes....not healthy! :) I'll try to stay on top of my blogging, though. I haven't forgotten you all!

I have a much needed GNO (Girls' Night Out) planned for this Friday and I can't wait! We're going to eat at a restaurant I've been wanting to try and possibly go see a movie afterwards (Mamma Mia!, which I doubt my husband would agree to see, so it's great that my girlfriends are interested in it).

Hope everyone is having a great week. Good luck to my friend, LAH, who will be speaking before legislators tomorrow morning regarding her son's Autism story. Wish her luck. For those of you who aren't familiar with Leigh Ann, you should check out her webpage...

TTFN!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

First of all, AE and J are completely stylin' in their boots. EG would be all over that! I had to read that part about the snake twice to make sure it was your dad's house NOT your house or I might have had to move if it was just down the street. I cannot stand snakes. Yeah for date night for you and Jason. Yeah for GNO tomorrow night. I can't wait. I was teasing Derek that he was going to have to take me to see Mama Mia and he was less than thrilled. Hee hee. Oh, and thank you for mentioning me and for all your support Kim. You are, and have always been, such a good friend to me. Love you.